GMA Livestreaming: Thanks to mytvko

Get Microsoft Silverlight

Monday, June 30, 2008

Home at Last

Article posted June 27, 2008

Heart Evangelista happily reports to iGMA that she’s now well-adjusted as a Kapuso, and it was surprisingly a cinch. “It’s so easy,” she shares. “People here are so relaxed, laid back, no stress, no problems, no issues!” Read up for more reasons why Heart says she’s home at last. Text by Jillian Q. Gatcheco. Photos by Mitch S. Mauricio and Jason S. Lim.

Busy, busy!
Barely a month after she signed her GMA contract, Heart started workshops for her upcoming primetime show Codename: Asero opposite Kapuso heartthrob Richard Gutierrez. She also became an S.O.P. regular, and was given her own segment called “Idols of the Heart.”

“Every Sunday, there’s gonna be a different artist I’ll be [performing] with, so I’m busy with that,” says Heart. “I was really nervous [the first time I was there]! The dance was really long, but it felt so good because I felt I was given importance, I felt they really wanted me. I felt like I was wanted. I was really happy about it.”

She also has a handful of stories to tell us of her Dubai trip with the Asero team, since the series taped their pilot week there.

“Oh my goodness, it’s so expensive there!” Heart exclaims. “And talagang pinagkagastahan ng GMA [yung series]. So kailangan nila abangan yun kasi lahat ang gaganda ng ginawa namin!”

What can people look forward to in Asero?

“Oh, wow—a lot of action, a lot of kilig—surprisingly, a lot of kilig! [There’ll be] drama, you’ll cry, you’ll laugh. And comedy. I’m a bit of a comedian [there], and it’s really nice.”

And of course, there’s the much-awaited belly dancing scene, right?

“I loved the belly dancing scene! There was pressure noong umpisa, but [napadali] dahil sobrang saya at sobrang supportive ng lahat ng tao, sina Richard, lalo na. They were cheering for me—it was so nice, and yung support, ang sarap, so I liked that.” Heart recalls that she only got to know the moves a few hours before the take, but she learned them fast nonetheless. “Masakit sa stomach, yung abs ko sumakit, pero ok lang naman!”

Shy girl
She also spills that she had her shy moments with Richard especially during their kissing scenes: “I must say, doon ako medyo nahihirapan. Like noong isang araw, may scene kami, tapos ako dapat yung may line [after the kiss], [pero] nakalimutan ko yung line ko! So tumawa lahat ng tao!” She continues, “It’s not easy, ha! Tapos yung mga camera men, kumakanta, ‘We’re the king and queen of hearts…!’”


Heart must admit that Richard is her closest pal right now in the Kapuso Network. “I guess you could say Richard and Mon (Raymond Gutierrez) because I’ve been bonding with them a lot and also because we have common friends. When I saw them here in [GMA], sila [rin] yung unang-una kong nilapitan.”

Heart adds, “Sobrang bait ni Chard. He’s such a gentleman, so it’s a big [help], kasi may mga scenes kami together where he makes me feel really comfortable. [Ngayon] wala na yung hiya-hiya, pero minsan, nawawala ako sa lines ko kasi kinakabahan ako!”

She says that one of the factors that helped her get over the initial awkwardness was their bonding time. “Siguro importante yung nagbo-bonding, we talk about anything under the sun, we get to know each other, and because of that, nawawala na yung wall.” Of course, Chard also does “sweet nothings” for her. For instance, Heart reveals that he gives her Starbucks coffee or Krispy Kremes!

Happy where she is

There’s also been some talk about her doing a Koreanovela pretty soon. Perhaps after Codename: Asero?

“I don’t know which [Koreanovela], but nasa contract ko na I’ll be doing Koreanovelas which I like! Because I feel na mas babagay ako sa mga romantic comedies, at saka yung features ko [bagay] pa.” Heart is referring to her chinita features which she got from her dad’s side of the family.

Heart remarks, “I’m very good, I’m doing very well. Medyo pagod, pero ang sarap na pagod, kasi I do productive things, I’m very very happy na marami akong trabaho.”

Of course, rumors are inevitable, especially for someone as controversial and as in demand as Heart. This particular one started when Dennis Trillo slipped that he has a crush on Heart Evangelista in one of his show guestings. Naturally, the media hyped it up, and continued to fish for opinions from the two celebrities.

Heart was asked about what she thought of Dennis’s confession. “Thank you, ‘di ba? Kaya pala hindi niya ako pinapansin!” she jokes. “Akala ko naaartehan siya sa akin! Lumalapit naman ako, [pero] I think very shy siya, no?”

She also reveals that she’d love to work with Marian Rivera (whom she thinks is “hot”) and JC De Vera (who was her grade school classmate), aside from Dennis. But right now, she’s happy with how her career is going. “I just really wanna do what I love doing, it’s really not about anybody or anything—it’s about what I love to do. Ako, I’m up for anything.”

To sum up her GMA experience so far, she imparts, “This is the first time in a long time that I’ve felt I did something really good. Na tama yung naging desisyon ko. To all my fans that disappeared for a while and now they’re back, maraming maraming salamat sa inyo. Let’s enjoy life, let’s see how things work out, and please watch my upcoming shows—Codename: Asero, S.O.P., and a whole lot more. I’m so excited to show you what I’ve got now, and I’m also excited that you’re excited, so yes, we’ll see each other very soon!”

No comments: