GMA Livestreaming: Thanks to mytvko

Get Microsoft Silverlight

Monday, April 21, 2008

Richard Gutierrez discusses "Kamandag" and his experience narrating "Signos"

Elyas Isabelo Salanga
Sunday, April 20, 2008
10:57 PM


Richard Gutierrez is undoubtedly one of the most sought after young actors of this generation. A succession of projects on TV and the movies continues to keep him busy.

Richard lent his voice as well to help enlighten people on the effects of global warming in GMA-7's special report, Signos, shown last night, April 20. With his busy schedule, does Richard ever find time for himself?

This is exactly what Showbiz Central found out as Richard appeared as guest in Showbiz Central and answered nearly all questions, like his feelings for the soon-to-end series, Kamandag; his mom Anabelle Rama's movie comeback, and of course, his romantic involvement with women.

MIXED EMOTIONS FOR KAMANDAG. Host Pia Guanio's voice was nearly drowned out by the studio audience screaming as they welcomed Richard. After the cheers quieted down, Pia asked Richard about his feelings for Kamandag.

"Well, for me mixed emotions," Richard said, "because of course I'm sad na matatapos na ang Kamandag. I had a great journey with that show and I made a lot of new friends. The whole experience was fun for me. Pero siyempre, at the same time, I'm also excited dahil malapit na ang ending at climax ng story, and everyone is excited for the ending, you know. And everyone's just curious about ano yung mangyayari."

Pia couldn't agree more. She said, "Napakatindi daw ng fight scene na ginawa mo doon sa ending, that it even amounted into an injury. Nasaktan ka daw ng sarili mong kapatid [Elvis and Ritchie Paul]?"

"Well, you know what, Pia... Maraming hindi nakakaalam na ito na viewers... Sa ginagawa kong trabaho, sa action sequences ko, it's not the first time naman na I got hurt and it's not the first time na I got an injury. Dahil sa dinami-dami ko na shows na action, marami na akong pinagdaanan. Kumbaga, it's part of the job. Na-highlight lang dahil kapatid ko ang ka-fight scene ko," Richard revealed.

"Ano'ng nangyari pagkatapos noon?" Pia immediately asked.

"Okay lang," Richard casually answered. "It's a minor injury, pero masakit. Hindi naman natin maiiwasan yun, ‘pag fight scenes ganun talaga."

DIREK RICHARD? Pia revealed that aside from Richard doing his own fight scenes, he's also venturing into directing and fight choreography. Is Richard broadening his career path again?

Richard explained, "Well, sa Kamandag, Direk Mark [Reyes] gave me chance to suggest or choreograph some of my fight scenes. So it's more of a collaboration for us, you know, for the whole team. I'm just giving my input also, my suggestions, dahil yun nga, marami na akong fight scenes na nagawa, marami na akong shows na nagawa. So I also have my visions."

Does this mean future projects behind the scenes?

Richard beamed, "Speaking about future projects, may upcoming show ako after Kamandag. GMA-7 is giving me an opportunity to direct my stunt scenes, so I'm very happy and it's an honor for me. Paninindigan ko yun. Right now, I'm doing my research and marami na akong ideas. So, sa next show ko, abangan ninyo mga fight scenes. Magandang-maganda po ‘yan."

JENNY OR LILY? TIME TO CHOOSE, VERGEL. Since Kamandag will finally end on Friday, April, 25, Pia and the crowd can't help but ask if Richard's character would fall in love with Jenny (Jewel Mische) or Lily (Maxene Magalona).

"Hint lang," Pia pleaded. "Kasi siyempre, spoiler naman if he actually answers it."

"Alam mo hindi ko puwedeng sagutin ‘yan," Richard reluctantly said. "Kasi dapat yung audience dapat abangan ‘yan. Dahil isa sa kaabang-abang naman ‘yan sa Kamandag, so exciting."

GREENPEACE WARRIOR. Pia shared with the audience Richard's participation on GMA-7's documentary called Signos. When asked about the documentary, Richard had nothing but praise.

"You know what, Pia, it was really an amazing idea and hands down talaga ako sa News and Public Affairs ng GMA-7, na they had this great idea of giving chance na maging aware ang tao sa environment ng Pilipinas. This is the first documentary of its kind in the Philippines na talagang binigyan nila ng panahon. I think they made this for six months... Ako po ang nag-narrate diyan. Parang first time ko sa News and Public Affairs."

How does it feel being a narrator for public awareness?

"Alam mo, sobrang na-excite talaga ako and thank you sa News and Public Affairs for getting me. I felt like a journalist at one point. Mahirap mag-relate pala ng story," the young actor said.

No comments: